Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony 9 coming - better get started, CaNikon...
Quote:After considerable thought it's just too small to be a good sports camera, even though it could do it....

......it's a perfect wedding camera though!

For Weddings and portraiture yes it does have the much needed 93% coverage AF points with face detection, however this is where you need a high performing flash system and here I dunno how good Sony is.

Already it lacks behind in x sync, does it have radio control and remote triggers? A flash system is much more than a camera hotshoe with a speedlight.
Quote:For Weddings and portraiture yes it does have the much needed 93% coverage AF points with face detection, however this is where you need a high performing flash system and here I dunno how good Sony is.

Already it lacks behind in x sync, does it have radio control and remote triggers? A flash system is much more than a camera hotshoe with a speedlight.
 It can shoot silently!...that's so huge for the I do's..

1/250th X sync. I'm sure it can do flash fine...look at Jason Lanier's utubes!

Quote:For Weddings and portraiture yes it does have the much needed 93% coverage AF points with face detection, however this is where you need a high performing flash system and here I dunno how good Sony is.

Uhhh... What do wedding photographers use now? 93% coverage of AF points, since they want their subject half out of the frame? Face detection?

And faster than 250th sec flash sync? 

Weird stuff.
BC, it's absolutely essential for those......... "in-flight twilight eloping couples marriages"........

........some of them get up to quite a speed even in the worst of lighting conditions!   Tongue  Big Grin  Rolleyes

(excuse my humour)  :o

... or if the coach is pulled by giraffes.

No horses around, you know?

Quote:Uhhh... What do wedding photographers use now? 93% coverage of AF points, since they want their subject half out of the frame? Face detection?

And faster than 250th sec flash sync?

Weird stuff.
Well every time I do weddings, I feel I do need those features, at the photography club, we have plenty of guys that do weddings and all of them say they need those features.
Quote:Well every time I do weddings, I feel I do need those features, at the photography club, we have plenty of guys that do weddings and all of them say they need those features.
In my opinion a pretty strange photography club. And you are then not talking about wedding photographers, but lacking amateur photographers. Who need the camera to do their photography.

My camera's operator has face recognition built in  Wink
To me this is classic Sony:

Load or overload the product with features to built significant spec sheet (at least on first glance).

Then make sure the specs are presented in the way that it shows the advantage over the competition, which is pure Sony number vs. camera B number.

I don't think this is Sony "listens to their customers", this is Sony  "wants to dominate".

When the best products dominate - fine by me. And those who can´t compete - belly up eventually Big Grin!

Quote:To me this is classic Sony:

Load or overload the product with features to built significant spec sheet (at least on first glance).

Then make sure the specs are presented in the way that it shows the advantage over the competition, which is pure Sony number vs. camera B number.

I don't think this is Sony "listens to their customers", this is Sony  "wants to dominate".
 I don't want to be contrary but I think Sony have been listening, however they have also acted on a suck it and see basis, now I think they have found their way!

Their dual cards slots and bigger battery have taken some time but they will finally be here.

As for the rest it seems to have got it all in spades, it just rests to see how it all comes together as a working sports package, as long as there are no pitfalls it's role as a wedding camera is guaranteed!

I for one would at least like to look through this wonder definition viewfinder.

The forthcoming reviews will certainly attract my attention