Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated review: Tamron SP AF 60mm /f2.0 Di II (Nikon DX)
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1294150871' post='5344']

That makes little sense. If you can adjust the amplification to more amplification, of course you can adjust the amplification to less amplification too.[/quote]

Yep. That would be Nikon's part. To make a Tamron lens look better in lens reviews. Makes much more sense, doesn't it?

You can of course see that the aperture gets smaller, with the DOF button. Of course you can, but you can not just see it is f22 instead of f22. you will have to do comparisons.[/quote]

Of course I can not see if f/22 is really f/22, but I can see that the aperture closes more with any stop I choose, the exposure changes accordingly, the exposure data is the same as with similar lenses (like the AF-S 60). So, to my eyes, this lens closes down to f/22.

So, I would suggest to compare f22 on the Canon and Nikon versions, visually, as a starting point to investigate the weird difference in measurements.

[/quote]

From all the ideas I already had (believe me, I've spend endless hours with this lens already ... and a few of its cousins) this is the only one I couldn't check. Send me the Canon mount version (and a Canon camera) and I'll check.

However, I'm afraid, I already know the outcome ...

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Updated review: Tamron SP AF 60mm /f2.0 Di II (Nikon DX) - by mst - 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM