Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ Lens Test Report - Sony 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM DT
Merry christmas ... :-) ... and here's the next review:

[url="http://www.opticallimits.com/sony-alpha-aps-c-lens-tests/573-sony1855f3556"]http://www.opticallimits.com/sony-alpha-aps-c-lens-tests/573-sony1855f3556[/url]

Pretty impressive for such a cheap lens (again).
Wow and on Christmas. Hopefully things are going well. I hear the weather been a bit rough in Europe this year; though we are suppose to get dumped (6 to 12 inches of snow) Sunday.
[quote name='you2' timestamp='1293286637' post='5183']

Wow and on Christmas. Hopefully things are going well. I hear the weather been a bit rough in Europe this year; though we are suppose to get dumped (6 to 12 inches of snow) Sunday.

[/quote]

The weather is actually quite fine locally. The state of "Bavaria" is actually close to the Alps so snow in winter is quite normal here. The non-mountain states have been surprised because some of the recent winters were rather mild so nobody was really prepared. Can't really wait to get out for skiing but my knee has to recover again - maybe next week (with some luck).

Klaus
Hi! I was looking at the recent test of this lens and wondered if this is the correct values because the graph shows LW/P[color="#FF0000"]W[/color] which is not the usual LW/P[color="#FF0000"]H[/color]. If this is Width instead of Height then everything should be divided by 3/2 to match other tests right?
[quote name='Stomp' timestamp='1293992145' post='5314']

Hi! I was looking at the recent test of this lens and wondered if this is the correct values because the graph shows LW/P[color="#FF0000"]W[/color] which is not the usual LW/P[color="#FF0000"]H[/color]. If this is Width instead of Height then everything should be divided by 3/2 to match other tests right?

[/quote]

Uupps, that's just a typo. We do only have LW/PHs here. I reckon this error is present in a couple of tests. The numerical values are correct.