Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market?
You don't need a darkroom to develop B/W film. I worked two decades exclusively with a changing bag to put the film on the spirals of the developing tank. Close the lid and it's light-tight, you just need to fill in the chemicals. You need to dry max 1.6 m of wet film in a dustfree space. Then you can scan the negatives.

I just wonder what you guys think to get out of this? The only reason to go film, no, three reasons for me: better and instant archival qualities, artistic reasons to reduce some possibilities or doing a production without any battery. I still could do that, the Yashica FX3 only needs a battery for it's exposure-meter, the rest is mechnaical - and who needs to mether the exposure? Only whimps. Real male photogs can sense the light with their urine.

Big Grin

As toni-A's example clearly shows, there's nothing to gain with that old film stuff, especially not in colour negative where the colours will fade away over time.

Messages In This Thread
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market? - by JJ_SO - 04-04-2017, 09:50 AM