Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market?
   I used to use the cupboard under the stairs, I don't fancy doing it in the bilge..... :wacko: Ugh! 

It's those mechanical cameras that I love, it's a bit like the love of Swiss quality watches..ironically I wear a Seiko battery watch. B)  Love film cameras, use digital.

No battery in the Linhoff either, and the Nikon FM3a only needs a battery for metering or if you use it in aperture priority.

The tempter would certainly be the Linhoff 4X5" plate camera, because there you will get a serious increase in IQ, actually 5X4" is a 14.93 times greater surface area., that's not an insignificant amount, you wouldn't even need that great a scanner to get very good quality.

Just for kicks and giggles I'll find out how much plate film is!

As for 35mm well I think we all know how it compares to a FF sensor, especially a 36 Mps one.  Huh   You have to like the look!

Just had a quick squint.....Box of 10 colour negative around $45  Box of 10 B+W about $35......less than I thought,

then you have to load them in the carrier, then I'd have to buy a bunch of those...and the beat goes on!

I would always pay a lab these days and get them to scan the negs..it's not like when you go out birding and come home with 200-300 shots.

Getting sucked in again....reality check...no stop,  I'll keep polishing it, I now realize that someone has already cleaned the lenses,  it's the etched coating I can see..it's not that bad actually!   

Messages In This Thread
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market? - by davidmanze - 04-04-2017, 10:54 AM