Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market?
Quote:Spot on about the changing bag, you don't need a darkroom to develop B/W at all.

What am I getting out of shooting film? I get to use a Hasselblad 500C/M the way it's intended to be used. In its full 6x6 glory with no digital back! It's a lovely photographic tool that is much more enjoyable than any digital camera I've ever used. Also, I have a darkroom and an enlarger that I can use at home so I can make beautiful prints without spending tons of money on a decent sized printer like an Epson 3880. Even some of the 35mm cameras that I've been using give me a lot of those benefits but I've hardly shot any 35mm in the past year.

Also, if you know your EV values, you don't even need the urine Wink

Are you using a prism finder with the Hassy?  That was one of the  reasons I didn't get on with my Rollieflex, looking down into a viewer, with the left right inversion, it just felt unnatural to me, that and the square format and it's box style construction, I found it a clumsy to hold, it was for that I prefered the 6X7 Pentax and it's huge look. The Hassies certainly fall into the Swiss watch build quality catagory, with their superb lenses!

Am I missing something....what's with the urine?

JoJu wrote.."But going 135 and shoot a roll of outdated color negative?" 

Well I rummaged in my out of date draw.... all I could find was a roll of Agfapan 25 B+W dated 01/2004..120, actually very nice fine grain film, pity it wasn't 35mm....Oh that and a packet of old condoms....but that's another story.....I digress! :wub: 

Messages In This Thread
Authorized approved dealer markets vs grey markets or is there a better?market? - by davidmanze - 04-05-2017, 05:16 AM