Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(multiple?) Nex's as accessories to large lenses
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1285659879' post='3308']

Actually your vision is somewhat heading towards the Ricoh concept. The camera is merely a sensor-less box that hold the lens unit with the sensor and suppies the "infrastructure". The sexappeal of this concept is to use a comparatively small sensor for tele task - thus keeping the size/weight at a minimum - and larger sensors wide-to-medium-tele lenses where the lens size isn't an issue yet...

[/quote]

Thinking about your Ricoh analogy, Sony has purposely designed the (Nex) e-mount large enough to work well with "full frame" (24x36mm) sensors. So as you imply, some day we might click an APS-C (16x24mm) sensor body onto a portrait 50-150mm tele-zoom, making it a compact longer tele-zoom, or click on a full frame (Sony Nex or whatever) body to use that same zoom for max quality, close-in portrait work. Hey, wonder if the e-mount will be large enough to work on a body with some kind of larger-than-24-by-36 sensor...maybe I won't throw away my old Mamiya 645 lenses.

Hmm, the trouble with that tangential thought is that as sensors get better and better, who will want the bigger sensors...I am already losing interest in anything bigger than APS now that my wedding clients are very pleased with the Nex's ISO 800 quality.

Of course there are lots of camera systems that do this already, let you use lenses on APS or full-frame bodies. The special thing about having a collection of e-mount bodies in our future is that the concept will be most practical. A body can apparently be only 300 grams, and small.

And the mirrorless design means that it can end up adapting to just about every lens ever made from any manufacturer. As you are doing a good job of showing us.

Messages In This Thread
(multiple?) Nex's as accessories to large lenses - by finaldesignrb - 09-28-2010, 06:49 AM
(multiple?) Nex's as accessories to large lenses - by blende8 - 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
(multiple?) Nex's as accessories to large lenses - by finaldesignrb - 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
(multiple?) Nex's as accessories to large lenses - by genotypewriter - 09-29-2010, 03:08 AM