Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Quote:Just think about it,

So I did

Quote:-Fuji doesn't have to develop a new AF sensor, sub-mirror assembly and everything related to that. They have that built into the sensor.

And in the past they were able to make partly significant improvements by newer firmware.

Quote:-No extra metering sensor needed.

-No mirror mechanism.

-Viewfinder electronics are mostly the same as X-T2.

-Even the rear screen is the same as X-T2.

All true, but it's the rear screen I don't like for the highly limited movement in portrait mode.

Quote:-Fuji has a ton of dealers everywhere so they can ship and sell the camera at more locations, more easily.

-Same goes for support infrastructure.

Fuji Switzerland ships the repair cases to UK. Not exactly speedy or "repaired while you wait". That might be okayish for amateur cameras, professional need (at this price tag) better support, no?

Quote:-Camera software and menus are pretty much the same as their smaller siblings.

No, the GFX-50S had more menu topics and is different from the X-T2. It also lacks benches to save user settings to.

Quote:-They manufacture their own lenses.

And you were not amazed by build quality. I also felt the lenses felt cheap. The body as well, but it's a light weight one  and I wonder if that's what makes it feeling cheap to me?

Quote:-Sensor is made by Sony and even those prices will go down because Sony has been selling a lot more of these 44x33mm sensors.

From now on, they can simply update the ergonomics slightly and wait for a new sensor by Sony and they're pretty much done. All the other stuff are already getting developed for the APS-C series cameras anyway. Even tiny yet important stuff such as WiFi App on mobile phones.

I'm honestly expecting a body with a similar sensor by Fuji at 4500$ price point in very few years.

that app still sucks in many ways.

The moving EVF is a pretty cool thing, as well as the IQ, the rest just didn't feel solid enough to me. Dials have play, buttons are tiny and the aperture ring is moving too easy, A and C positions are not lockable, I think?

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by JJ_SO - 10-07-2017, 11:40 PM