Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Tethering is absolutely fantastic with Capture One but I haven't been able to make Capture Pilot work so far. No idea what's wrong, maybe it's because I'm using a desktop PC instead of a laptop. No idea. Other than that, good luck transfering your photos from the camera to a mobile for a quick edit on site on any other medium format system. To be honest, Sony is by far the best for that, simply because you can transfer the files via NFC without pressing many buttons, going through settings and such. I've more than once used my A7 to transfer photos that were taken with another camera to my mobile so that I could quickly edit and send them to the customer. Just put the card into the A7, go to play mode, touch the NFC tag of the phone to the side of the A7 and it's done. It's worth its money as a card reader alone, really Smile.

GFX files really are almost magic, coming from 35mm. Lenses are ridiculously beautiful, pixels are fat, files are rich and editability is unlike anything I've worked with so far.

Then I remember the aperture dial on the 63mm I had in my hands. Bloody thing wouldn't switch to f/2.8 if you turn the dial too fast. It'd go f/4>f/3.6>f/3.2>f/4 again. You have to move it back and forth a few times so it'd finally catch. That's unacceptable for a lens that has been used for less than a year. Yes it belonged to the workshop team so it probably has been abused more than it's been used but come on, if such a thing happens in less than a year, it'll happen to my own copy in what? 3 years? And that lens costs about 1500$? 

Actually I wouldn't mind if it happens in 3 years because all Fujifilm products have 3 year warranty here Smile. Nope, still unacceptable. 

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by obican - 10-08-2017, 11:10 PM