Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Quote:I believe that under most circumstances, people wouldn't be able to tell images from MFT, APS-C, FF and medium format (as in Fuji GFX) apart. Maybe for a few shots here and there, but I highly doubt it would be significant.

Are you kidding, I can't tell my shots from whether they are wide open or one stop down Big Grin. Most embarrassing was looking at a shot I made, thinking "wow, I'm glad I've bought that 50/1.4 lens, wide open it's an amazing rendering", only to realize it's at f/2 Big Grin.

Side by side, of course I could've told which one is at f/1.4 and f/2 but an isolated shot with no comparison? Good luck with that.

I remember all the OMG WIDE OPEN fanboys debating the upcoming Zeiss Batis, precisely whether it was f/1.8 or f/2, 100mm, 135mm or 200mm, which turned out to be a 135/2.8. Almost all the so called experts, judging the sample shots had failed. It was hilarious.

There was even one guy saying it'll be precisely f/2.4. 

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by obican - 10-09-2017, 05:07 PM