Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samyang cooperation with flashes ??
Hi guys,

please could somebody tell me, how would the Samyang lenses (which have no eletrical contacts at all) work together with flashes?

I mean lets say I will use Nikon D700 with Samyang 85/1.4, SB900 on Nikon as master flash and one SB600 from the side of an object as a slave.... Will I get correct exposure at all?

Or just D700+Samyang+SB900 only - will I get correct exposure when changing the distance, changing aperture from 1.4 to f4 (for instance)...?
[quote name='Martin_MM' timestamp='1284728668' post='2879']

Hi guys,

please could somebody tell me, how would the Samyang lenses (which have no eletrical contacts at all) work together with flashes?

I mean lets say I will use Nikon D700 with Samyang 85/1.4, SB900 on Nikon as master flash and one SB600 from the side of an object as a slave.... Will I get correct exposure at all?

Or just D700+Samyang+SB900 only - will I get correct exposure when changing the distance, changing aperture from 1.4 to f4 (for instance)...?

[/quote]

You can go for the dedicated Nikon version with coupled aperture.

You may not be able to use 3D Flash but generally the exposure should be fine here.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1284729809' post='2880']

You can go for the dedicated Nikon version with coupled aperture.

You may not be able to use 3D Flash but generally the exposure should be fine here.

[/quote]

PS: No idea about the slave flash dependencies in Nikon land.
You should be able to get good TTL flash, exposed for your subject regardless.

Well, just as well as with pre-D lenses.

However, in practice it seems to really go off the rails from time to time with old, manual lenses. I've had exposure vary by as much as half a stop with old (AI) lenses. Only when stopping down though.

Never figured out the exact why. Then again, I use flash very rarely so I didn't care enough to find out.