Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photokina
Hi,

I was wondring how important that still is. If a product is ready for market way before this, it wouldn't make sense to hold back to present it as new at Photokina. Also if it is to unready you can't quite show it. What does that the show circus leave with? J.
enjoy
[quote name='joachim' timestamp='1283977008' post='2594']

Hi,

I was wondring how important that still is. If a product is ready for market way before this, it wouldn't make sense to hold back to present it as new at Photokina. Also if it is to unready you can't quite show it. What does that the show circus leave with? J.

[/quote]

Yep, this was my question during the last few years. I reckon the idea is to grab the real thing. As far as new products is concerned - they are always announced within a month prior of a major fair but never during the exhibition.
[quote name='admin' timestamp='1283979625' post='2595']

I reckon the idea is to grab the real thing.

[/quote]

For me it is, yes. Not necessarily cameras and lenses (allthough I enjoy that part, too), but especially those things, where a product shot in the brochure or on a web site can't really help to make real life decisions. Think about bags, tripods, etc. Or prints, books, printer paper ...

However, I live rather close. I'm not sure I'd go there if I had to travel several hours.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com