Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon image comparison 500d,550d,7d,5d mkII
Hello all,

I am finally ready to upgrade from my old 350D. I ran across a site with image comaprison between Canon DSLRs that I am considering. Scroll about a 1/4 way down to get to image comparisons. The order is: Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i, EOS 7D, EOS 5D Mark II

http://www.neutralday.com/canon-eos-rebe...omparison/

What I find odd is the difference in the green color on the first crop with the 550D and then the pinkish hue in the second crop with the 500D. I would hope that the parameter settings on the cameras would be identical for testing purposes. I realize there are many variables to consider when comparing cameras, but I thought the color differences to be somewhat odd.

Any comments from anyone? Also soliciting opinions on a choice for a new camera. The 7D is a bit out of my price range although if there is a strong argument supporting the 7D'd 2X price over the Rebel I would consider the purchase.

Thanks in advance
[quote name='bwoodrum' timestamp='1282130930' post='1860']

Hello all,

I am finally ready to upgrade from my old 350D. I ran across a site with image comaprison between Canon DSLRs that I am considering. Scroll about a 1/4 way down to get to image comparisons. The order is: Rebel T2i, Rebel T1i, EOS 7D, EOS 5D Mark II

http://www.neutralday.com/canon-eos-rebe...omparison/

What I find odd is the difference in the green color on the first crop with the 550D and then the pinkish hue in the second crop with the 500D. I would hope that the parameter settings on the cameras would be identical for testing purposes. I realize there are many variables to consider when comparing cameras, but I thought the color differences to be somewhat odd.

Any comments from anyone? Also soliciting opinions on a choice for a new camera. The 7D is a bit out of my price range although if there is a strong argument supporting the 7D'd 2X price over the Rebel I would consider the purchase.

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

Since only the shooter might have an idea of why the difference occurred, no one here can say anything sensible about it.

About the cameras: Since the 7D already is out of your budget, get the more compact but great 550D. (There is a 60D to be announced shortly though). Skip the 500D,
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1282131652' post='1862']

Since only the shooter might have an idea of why the difference occurred, no one here can say anything sensible about it.

About the cameras: Since the 7D already is out of your budget, get the more compact but great 550D. (There is a 60D to be announced shortly though). Skip the 500D,

[/quote]

+1

There are other reasons to get the 550D over the 500D as well, like slightly improved VF, better LCD, etc.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
[quote name='bwoodrum' timestamp='1282130930' post='1860']

Hello all,

I am finally ready to upgrade from my old 350D. I ran across a site with image comaprison between Canon DSLRs that I am considering. Scroll about a 1/4 way down to get to image comparisons. The order is: Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i, EOS 7D, EOS 5D Mark II

[url="http://www.neutralday.com/canon-eos-rebel-t2i-550d-vs-eos-rebel-t1i-500d-vs-eos-7d-iso-and-image-quality-comparison/"]http://www.neutralda...ity-comparison/[/url]

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

If you just wait a few weeks ... the EOS 60D is just around the corner. It'll be probably the best compromise.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1282134147' post='1868']

If you just wait a few weeks ... the EOS 60D is just around the corner. It'll be probably the best compromise.

[/quote]

It is likely that it will sit between 550D and 7D in price however, which may still be something to consider budget wise.

Body only

550D - ~ 670 €

60D - ~ 970 € ???

7D - ~ 1270 €

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
If you don't care about video, I would also suggest looking at the 50D. It does depend on what you're after from the camera...
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
...why not the eos 1000 or the new to come eos 2000...

no, I don't think if you upgrade from a eos 350,

that should care about image quality, most of them will shurely be great !

as I'm evoluating in the same sence ( I still shoot with a 400D),

the questions you should ask yourself is what your camera should to capable of...

3.5fps or 8fps ... not really the same,

high ISO performance, ergonomics, wheight(!),fast AF, build quality,video capability,...

if you puchase the 5D...a new set of lenses...

maybe look at what you missed most on your actuel body,

maybe a bargain today could be the 50D as it's running out...

kr

couplos