Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Strap recommendation
[quote name='jenbenn' timestamp='1281794818' post='1767']

Can somebody please reommend a good camera strep to me? My requirements are as follows:

- Secure (of course)

- comfortable if the camera has a heavy lens attached to it

- neither big nor stiff. It must be easily foldable and fit into my holster bag. It should also not be stiff, because sometimes I like to wrap it around my hand instead of carrying the camera around the neck.

[/quote]

Hi Jenbenn,

My wife and I weren't totally satisfied with the default Canon camera straps. We wanted something with a bit more padding for comfort, yet still fit easily into our packs. We also desperately wanted the strap portion to be quickly detached/reattached, so that when working on a tripod with macro gear we could get the *&#$ strap out of the way. :-)

We found a suitable strap made by Quantaray. It has quick release tabs for quick removal. A search on Google shows a model QAP-S75 that looks pretty similar to ours. It runs about $10 at various outlets. I don't know how well this will fill your requirement for fitting into the holster bag--it is narrower than most, but made of a neoprene that compresses a bit and makes the strap softer on the shoulder. Depends on the holster bag, I guess. We do like the extra padding with our larger lenses. And it looks like the newest version of this model can be converted into a hand strap via an extra quick release tab in the middle.

(You are pushing two competing requirements: more padding, yet fits into the holster bag. You can always find the most practical strap, then buy a newer holster bag that will work for your combination. May be worth the $20 that most models cost if you will use it a lot in the field.)

Perhaps a camera store near you will carry a similar item? I definitely suggest you try before you buy with something like this.

Scott

Messages In This Thread
Camera Strap recommendation - by Guest - 08-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by scottburgess - 08-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by wim - 08-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by Guest - 08-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by Guest - 08-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by Adalbert - 10-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by Adalbert - 10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by netrex - 10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by netrex - 10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Camera Strap recommendation - by bryan conner - 10-02-2010, 04:51 AM