Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Canon EOS 60D pictures?
Hi,

pictures of the new Canon?

[url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/08/canon-eos-60d-picture/"]http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/08/canon-eos-60d-picture/[/url]

Bye Sebastian
It is funny that Canon xxD was always the weakest series.

Do they still use the old power switch? I cannot see that from pictures
[quote name='miro' timestamp='1281605327' post='1699']

It is funny that Canon xxD was always the weakest series.

Do they still use the old power switch? I cannot see that from pictures

[/quote]

Thanks god - no they don't! They put it below the mode dial on the upper left side... still not perfect - imho ;-)
It seems that the power switch is not as 7D nor 50d too.

Probably is like xxxD and high end compact cammeras.
[quote name='Sebastian' timestamp='1281596865' post='1698']

Hi,

pictures of the new Canon?

[url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/08/canon-eos-60d-picture/"]http://www.canonrumo...os-60d-picture/[/url]

Bye Sebastian

[/quote]

Makes you wonder about the sense of a 7D actually ...

Technically there's space between the 550D and the 7D. Feature-wise there isn't.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1281613453' post='1709']

Technically there's space between the 550D and the 7D. Feature-wise there isn't.

[/quote]

I own a 7D and a 50D before that. The difference between them is a lot smaller than people think, so a conventional 50D update would be squeezing into a very small gap. So given that we do have a 7D, doing something a bit different with the 60D is a logical step for them to take. Apart from the tilting screen, it remains to be seen what else they have done. Fast AF in live view would be my wish - and a good complement to the tilting screen. It must be possible, just give their firmware engineers double strength coffee for a while. Look at the improvements in the E-P1 AF by firmware since launch until now, it far better than 7D.

Side note: you might be asking why I'm using live view AF on a 7D - the short answer is that it gets around the aperture limit of phase AF, for example when using teleconverters. MF isn't fun on that combo.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
[quote name='popo' timestamp='1281614350' post='1713']

I own a 7D and a 50D before that. The difference between them is a lot smaller than people think, so a conventional 50D update would be squeezing into a very small gap. So given that we do have a 7D, doing something a bit different with the 60D is a logical step for them to take. Apart from the tilting screen, it remains to be seen what else they have done. Fast AF in live view would be my wish - and a good complement to the tilting screen. It must be possible, just give their firmware engineers double strength coffee for a while. Look at the improvements in the E-P1 AF by firmware since launch until now, it far better than 7D.

Side note: you might be asking why I'm using live view AF on a 7D - the short answer is that it gets around the aperture limit of phase AF, for example when using teleconverters. MF isn't fun on that combo.

[/quote]

Of course that is NOT possible. Put a 3/4rds lens on the micro 4/3rds cameras... an notice the slower (if at all) contrast detect AF.

EF lenses are designed to work with PD AF commands from EOS cameras.

All contrast AF exchangeable lens camera manufacturers have started a NEW lens range with NEW lens mount for contrast AF.

Sony does not even bother to implement ANY AF with A-mount lenses. Samsung doesn't use the Pentax mount lenses either.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1281613453' post='1709']

[/quote]

It continues to baffle me that Canon thinks there's a market for 4 different levels of APS-C cameras.

-Lars
[quote name='larsrc' timestamp='1281618658' post='1715']

It continues to baffle me that Canon thinks there's a market for 4 different levels of APS-C cameras.

-Lars

[/quote]

What about Sony than...

A290, A330, A390, A450, A500, A550 :-)

I think they will offer soon the first "build-your-own-Sony" program where you can chose your favorite DSLR-functions. Buying a Sony will be similar to buying a car than ;-)

Bye Sebastian
[quote name='Sebastian' timestamp='1281621267' post='1716']

What about Sony than...

A290, A330, A390, A450, A500, A550 :-)

I think they will offer soon the first "build-your-own-Sony" program where you can chose your favorite DSLR-functions. Buying a Sony will be similar to buying a car than ;-)

Bye Sebastian

[/quote]

Actually a desirable approach. If you can buy a customized notebook - why not do it the same here ?

1 AF cross sensor

12mp APS-H sensor with anti-dust

ultra-compact, sealed mag-alloy body

large viewfinder

slow fps Ok

LiveView without articulating screen

no movie mode

front + back dial

That would be my DSLR body ...