Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Canon EOS 60D pictures?
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1281625877' post='1717']

Actually a desirable approach. If you can buy a customized notebook - why not do it the same here ?

1 AF cross sensor

12mp APS-H sensor with anti-dust

ultra-compact, sealed mag-alloy body

large viewfinder

slow fps Ok

LiveView without articulating screen

no movie mode

front + back dial

That would be my DSLR body ...

[/quote]

I take also the white unibody, an articulating screen and SonyOS 4.0 ;-)
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1281615048' post='1714']

Of course that is NOT possible. Put a 3/4rds lens on the micro 4/3rds cameras... an notice the slower (if at all) contrast detect AF.

EF lenses are designed to work with PD AF commands from EOS cameras.

All contrast AF exchangeable lens camera manufacturers have started a NEW lens range with NEW lens mount for contrast AF.

Sony does not even bother to implement ANY AF with A-mount lenses. Samsung doesn't use the Pentax mount lenses either.

[/quote]

I'm certain Canon can do better than they do right now. The contrast detect logic Canon use just doesn't seem well optimised. It seems highly indecisive. With the increase in popularity of video recording, contrast AF is going to be more important (if still not as fast as phase) and I think that might help drive the effort into improving the contrast AF detection. The thing is, Canon don't have much of a track record of introducing new features in firmware after a camera is launched, with the only significant exception I can think of being the 5D2 video modes. Usually you have to wait for it to appear in the new model and get that even if it should be implementable with a firmware change on older cameras.

I'm not familiar with the 4/3 on m4/3 usage or the Sony alpha on NEX equivalent as I'm not interested in either. I suspect it is such a low use scenario they haven't bothered to implement/optimise it.

In general, the main driver for the new mount in EVIL is the change in mount distance. I know that doesn't preclude differences in AF implementation and I have to wonder how significant that is. Having said that, a lens firmware update was needed on m4/3 early on to assist in the AF speed, but what that did eludes me.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.