Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside a 1D
Great to hear that! Congrats!

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Argh! It was not so simple. In testing after re-assembly, I noticed two of the buttons on the top didn't work any more where they did the other day. When I was trying to take it apart, I must have disconnected it. So I had to get to the top... after much more messing around I removed the front body of the camera, and saw the loose ribbon cable which was easy to put back in. BUT I also saw another loose ribbon cable. This went to the DoF preview switch, and also to the lens mount. This one I can't put together easily, as the ribbon cable tore apart. I can live without the DoF preview, but what does the other wires do? One way to find out. Reassembled again, I put on a lens. Half pressing the shutter... nothing. The other wires are somehow related to AF, so that is now really broken. Again, this is repairable but it will be a pain of a job to do. I'll have to give it a try at work on Monday.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.