Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
found the shop I was looking for !!!
It's nearby, I pass 50 meters from the shop at least once a week yet didn't know it was there. A friend told me about it.

It's a  shop for true photography enthusiasts, it has all kinds of high quality film and chemicals and most important it has the best photographic paper money can buy

it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for...

Brought some ilford film  and finally found high quality luster and matt photo paper,i am expecting a promising weekend..

The shop also has cameras and lenses but it's phase one, and medium format...

Nothing wrong with medium format...

^_^

You really wanna sniff sulphur and acid again? And all for 35 mm negatives? So, very limited quality right from beginning? Strange.

I intend to  shoot film but not process it myself, as for the paper it's for my inkjet Rolleyes

Make your own experiences ...  Wink

I also had a phase, when I thought it might be good to rediscover film. No, I didn't open the back to check the screen, but to me the fuzzy about analogue character is overrated. Okay, I need to add: Especially if people use apps to "vintage", "grunge" or "filmsimulate" pictures which usually don't become better - not if they show things which were not existing in analogue era.

One day I will develop one last film I shot (and still have a dozen rolls of HP5 + around). It's just - I cannot do anything I could not by using DSLR or simply digital pics. With Polaroid I could understand because of the unique character which gives one a weird looking original.

But 35 mm film with more grain on than no one would accept from a sensor less than ISO 25600?

After going digital I had a short adventure with film in 2005 and it was a very pleasant experience.

Now I got EOS 30 for free from a close friend who often uses my lenses on his 7D.

I had just to buy batteries and film, will be doing film occasionally in black and white just for the pleasure. The whole thing will cost me almost nothing.

What I am very happy about is that I found the high quality photo paper I was looking for.

In fact I went there to get photo paper, and bought just photo pape, since it is the first time I buy there, the owner kindly offered me the film rolls plus samples from the different kinds of photographic papers he has.
Yes, the paper is great - it's not so easy to get nice one or to get a pack of samples. And after a while they maybe run out of production. So, you will habe a busy printing weekend?

Another wonderful aspect about film is all the fabulous old medium format cameras out there at bargain prices.

In my fifties I promised myself in my retirement a Pentax 6X7 and to have my now lost Voigtlander Bessa II folding camera professionally repaired and shoot landscapes with slow B+W film.

But frankly now even that joy doesn't come close to shooting nature with the D500 and great long lenses. 

I still find myself weakening when looking through ebay  at 4X5" plate cameras and having to give myself a slap and come back to reality, lovely the dream may be, I now realize the dream will be exactly that!

Todays shot!

Well we have a rainy storm that ends tonight , the weekend we are expecting perfect weather conditions with blue sky plus high altitude colorful clouds, the storm should have washed the beach rocks also, so we are expecting perfect photography weather conditions.

We will be three or four photographers, we will shoot, then dine together, then select some pictures and print 😊.

It's unlikely I use film though
To be honest, I don't think it's really worth shoting black and white film unless you can develop, scan and enlarge at home. It is also not worth shooting color film on 35mm at all. I can relate to shooting 35mm black and white but after buying my 500C/M, I don't think I shot another roll of 35mm at all.

If I were mainly a landscape photographer with a means of transporting heavy equipment, I'd go out today and buy a Mamiya RB67 or RZ67 to keep me occupied until I find a good 4x5 or 8x10. Why Mamiya? Because Pentax is harder to find/get serviced where I live.

First film fielf test, first, finding compatible batteries (CR123A) was quite a challenge, after that I discover the camera has film inside, all I know is it is ISO200 !!!

I just used the film inside and took some prortaits with 100mm macro and 50mm f1.4, a friend took the same pictures using the same  lenses on  5D mk III, will see how things compare