Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hasselblsd announces new lenses for the XCD
http://www.hasselblad.com/press/press-re...or-the-x1d

65mm and 22mm are the most interesting to me.

Actually Fuji is coming up with pretty much the same lenses too. Or vice versa, since they announced them first Big Grin

No wonder, sensors have about the same size, so photogs need the same lenses.

I wonder which Hasselblad lenses Fuji supports with their adapter? There's a H Mount G adapter, but the text only mentions SUPER EBC FUJINON HC lense fpr the earlier FUJIFILM GX645AF body.

Quote: 

the earlier FUJIFILM GX645AF body.

Which is the Hasselblad H1, so I guess it'll actually support all the lenses but due to legal reasons they can't mention it.

Ah, so it's a bit more than only 9 more Fujinon Super EBCs. Cute.  Smile Thanks for that information.

Actually all the H lenses and early cameras (H1&H2 and maybe even H3) were made by Fujinon. I think they moved the production of cameras to Sweden but the lenses are probably still made by Fuji.

X1D lenses on the other hand, made by another Japanese company which is not Fuji. According to another official source, that other company had also made the lenses for XPan, which is weird because it means XPan body was made by Fuji but the lens was made by another company, even though it said Fujinon on the lens.

But then again, Hasselblad had no issue rebadging the 100$ Sony 18-55 kit zoom as a Hasselblad so anything is possible Big Grin

Edit:

The company that makes the X1D lenses is called Nittoh Kogaku, which according to some sources also designed and manufactured the XPan lenses.

Maybe the simply designed them and let Fuji make them or Fuji simply badged them as Fujinon. Can't find a good source on what exactly happened.

Edit 2:

Apparently Fuji still makes the H-mount lenses.