Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new album uploaded tp photozone, help me select keepers
Hi all,

I just uploaded some of yesterday's wonderful hike pictures to photozone

[url="http://forum.photozone.de/index.php?/gallery/album/5426/27-kammou3a/"]My link[/url]

The pictures are barely ^post processed, just RAW converted via DPP, your help selecting keepers for post processing and post processing suggestions is much appreciated.

Obviously photo critique is most welcome
I guess this one would get my vote here:

http://forum.photozone.de/uploads/127712...248326.jpg

The ones with sky portions have too much light bleeding for my taste.

The "pure" fog image could use some more clarity in the foreground - the background is surely fine here.
The easiest way to find out which images match

the taste of the visitors might be to sort the album

"by views" after a while.
[quote name='Rainer' date='29 June 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1277822007' post='752']

The easiest way to find out which images match

the taste of the visitors might be to sort the album

"by views" after a while.

[/quote]

Although, that's not always an accurate gauge because I think a lot of people just click on the 'visible' pictures...

But on the theme of the photos in this collection: I think the settings and colours are great, but it's not a dramatic landscape like in the Rockies where vast panoramas are laid out at your feet - so good composition and choice of subject is required in such a setting.

For me, most of the photos could have been better with a more careful, formal approach to the composition and the elimination of foreground/background distractions. Maybe some cropping can help?

The theme of mist/fog really deserves its own thread, because I think there are a lot of useful techniques to approaching this subject, and some of the members will surely have some good tips. I'd be interested to learn how other people approach such scenes.
I've tried twice. The results ware terrible.

I have to go to library and learn the basics about photographing fog/mist.