Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Micro Nikkor AF-S DX 85/3.5 VR
Pretty good.

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...rafsdx85vr

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

First of all, thanks for the review. Very impressive resolution results for a DX micro at this price (head to head with 105mm VR @f/16). Also much better than the big brother in terms of CAs...

The battle of macros between 60 - 90mm (Nikon / Tamron / Sigma) escalates more and more, which is good for us the consumers...

Serkan
[quote name='mst' date='26 June 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1277556774' post='713']

Pretty good.

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...rafsdx85vr

-- Markus

[/quote]

Great review Markus. Looking the sample shots the lens produces very decent images. How did you feel with it on field?
[quote name='borisbg' date='27 June 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1277619966' post='725']

How did you feel with it on field?

[/quote]

Better than expected, honestly. I wasn't really sure what to use it for, but in the few days I was allowed to use it I learned to like it.

For a DX only set, I'd seriously consider it myself.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

[quote name='mst' date='26 June 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1277621063' post='726']

Better than expected, honestly. I wasn't really sure what to use it for, but in the few days I was allowed to use it I learned to like it.

For a DX only set, I'd seriously consider it myself.

-- Markus

[/quote]

At first I was interested because I am DX user (plus the attractive price), but once you get use to fast lenses... the minimum aperture is hold back for me. It wont be as good for dual use (macro and portraits).

Do you do macro often? besides for the test purposes.
The Tamron 90 Macro is 100€ cheaper and a great macro lens. From the test it looks like f/22 is the only aperture where these lenses differ and where the Nikon shines.

I wonder how some lenses produce really really bad results at f/22 and others (newer ones) do fairly well. Has there been some advancement in the design of aperture blades?
[quote name='Дон Андре' date='28 June 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1277708741' post='737']

The Tamron 90 Macro is 100€ cheaper and a great macro lens. From the test it looks like f/22 is the only aperture where these lenses differ and where the Nikon shines.

I wonder how some lenses produce really really bad results at f/22 and others (newer ones) do fairly well. Has there been some advancement in the design of aperture blades?

[/quote]

are you sure you read the graphs right? The two Tamron's that have f/22 values are the same or better than the Nikon at f22, and

the other macro lenses do not have f/22 values, but they have values for f/32, which are of course much worse.