Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now?
Quote:I don't know about you, but I cannot imagine weight in my hands before I actually hold it. Most lenses I ordered without actually have it in my hands or on a camera before. And weight is hurting my back, yes, but in my hands 1 kg can feel just right ind the right proportion or very odd. It can be in a good balance-  like the "heavier than 1 kg" 150-600 G2 is, it's really very well balanced. Or totally off balance, like the 150-600 Sports version is fully extended.

Heavier stuff always implies a more decent quality. Lighter lenses like the 300/4 PF E have a harder time to convince me about their quality - and if I'm honest, that lens will never reach the level of trust other lenses got right from the beginning. Stupid, I know.

I try to handle the lenses and cameras before buying. Luckily, it's not hard at all where I live since there are multiple stores which let you do that.

You are absolutely right on how the balance makes a difference and sometimes it's better in hand than on your back.

Messages In This Thread
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by davidmanze - 02-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by Njom - 02-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by obican - 02-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by davidmanze - 02-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by Reinier - 02-28-2017, 01:26 PM