Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling today my 50mm f1.4, need replacement
I am selling today my 50mm f1.4 that has served me well during 12 years.
I told the buyer on the phone about its condition and even tried to persuade her not get it since I am having difficulty abandoning such a good lens.
I need a replacement in Canon EF or Sony E mount 
My options: 
1-keep it 
2-use 17-55 f2.8 IS
3-use my  Helios  44-2 58mm f2.0 on Sony, but it has highly disappointing so far 
4*-others
Toni, You had the old Canon 100/2.8 macro. and C 17-55 Do you still need 50/1,4
It was just an a great lens, colors and sharpness were perfect, selling because AF has been repaired several times and still sometimes it locks at one meter distance. I might well buy it again actually
If something became garbage, I'm putting it in a trash-bin instead of selling i. Except it's something valuable containing otherwise hard to find spare parts. An ordinary 50 mm lens hardly falls in this category.
Yesterday I sold my beloved 50mmf1.4
However I bought another one 2 hours later plus 85f1.8, I must be a severe case of lens buying addiction
After getting 85f1.8 I used my 50f1.4 only once..., should I keep it ?
Yes.

Just wait until the newness of the 85 wears off. Or shoot a few high contrast subjects wide open with the 85 Wink.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....