Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
focus accuracy vs precision SLR vs mirrorless
Mac Replies:
(somehow I can't remember how to qoute posts,  and reply to that without simply copy and paste, sorry)

Dave, I love this forum because there is a lot of knowledge here.  But certain things are simply ignored.  The simple truth is higher pixel density can resolve the most detail.  And in many situations you simply can't get close enough to fill the frame.  When something in the screen is small in scale, you simply cannot view the small something unless that relatively small area has enough pixels!

The 90D is the best camera I have used by far.  I know quite well that some of the mirroless cameras have features that would extend my capabilities.  But they don't make one with the sensor and form factor I want, so it doesn't really matter to me what else they have.  I've got the money.  Nobody makes the camera...yet. 

Great to hear from you Dave.  I have to love a man who loves numbers!

-Mac

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Funnily enough I not really a number cruncher Mac .... I function on the "suck it and see" principle ....

..... but the bottom line is, only the the photographer himself knows his own situation ... he knows whether he has the reach or not and can get the shot ....... or just gets plain lucky .......

....... you know your situation and I know mine ..... I sucked it and saw .... we share a certain common frustration ........ filling the frame .......

... birding locations need a different set of rules and requirements for each location and bird size etc. ..... there's no one size fits all !

...... I have hides/blinds scattered about places ... one in particular I constructed didn't bear fruit for two years or more .... your're stuck in a confined place for hours, so it's not like one hasn't put in the effort and the time ..... 

..... I've been thinking about the D850 ....... but good though it is ....... meh it's FF !!

A Nikon D/Z 550 with the same 32 Mps of the 90D would be my ideal birding camera .......

.... and like they say: good things come to those who wait !!

PS. I'm certain that a APSc ML sports camera is on it's way for both Canon and Nikon ...... only when?

......... thanks and go well !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: focus accuracy vs precision SLR vs mirrorless - by davidmanze - 08-19-2021, 08:19 AM
RE: focus accuracy vs precision SLR vs mirrorless - by davidmanze - 08-20-2021, 11:51 AM