Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party suggestion: post processing and RAW editing a photo
I am considering a new kind of party, post processing and RAW editing party, a RAW file is shared, we do our best to make the best post processing possible.

I am starting with a picture of my own anyone interested in submitting pictures for the party is welcome, I think twice per month is reasonable.

Here's the first RAW file to edit

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvNh8MTYr5rzkphFUySmvSGctlSnww

I gave it my try, coverted via DXO 10 then added a ND grad in photoshop

here's what I got, let's how you guys would have post processed this picture

[Image: gallery_5426_135_222591.jpg]

I don't think I will meet your taste

[Image: i-RF54pLx-X2.jpg]

And - although I don't like to comment on the picture itself as it is - I really wonder what makes you going for f/16 and throw a lot of possible sharpness away? f/5.6 would have given you DoF from 1.4  - ∞ I don't think, anything in this landscape was closer than 1.4 m to your camera?

Quote:I don't think I will meet your taste

[Image: i-RF54pLx-X2.jpg]

And - although I don't like to comment on the picture itself as it is - I really wonder what makes you going for f/16 and throw a lot of possible sharpness away? f/5.6 would have given you DoF from 1.4  - ∞ I don't think, anything in this landscape was closer than 1.4 m to your camera?
I did just what you asked, same location, no clouds... so I took it a little late,

I think I caught a meteorite here Smile

Used three light sources, my friend's mobile phone and his mamp to the  left (he was actually packing his ger to leave) plus two handheld flashes I was firing repeatedly on the rocks

[Image: gallery_5426_135_80419.jpg]
I'm pretty sure, I didn't ask you to go there on a different time when there's no sun on the rocks and and use artificial lights to create... an artifical picture  Wink Sorry, toni-a, we do have a very different taste.

Hey, I was there on time. However the sky was very clear, took many pictures, chose this one because of the meteorite 😉, will add them to my gallery although nobody is looking there 😞