Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony RX100 VI
https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/cybe...sc-rx100m6

I think it's quite amazing, isn't it?

Of course, the pricing is nuts but I suppose that if Nikon 1 would still be a thing, that would be its coffin nail.
I can also see that something like this threatens MFT for certain use cases at least.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
They'll probably update RX100V next year with the new AF system and EVF and call it a RX100VII.
The depreciation rate of those cameras is certainly mad - especially at this price point.

It's great it has no tilt-swivel display. Otherwise I'd be tempted to get one as successor of the old G11 Smile
A shame that none of the MFT sensors (except maybe the one in the E-M1 mk II) are up-to-date technologically-wise.
They badly need a back illuminated sensor to remain competitive.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(06-05-2018, 11:41 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: A shame that none of the MFT sensors (except maybe the one in the E-M1 mk II) are up-to-date technologically-wise.

The 20mp sensors are quite modern actually.

(06-05-2018, 11:41 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: A shame that none of the MFT sensors (except maybe the one in the E-M1 mk II) are up-to-date technologically-wise.

(06-06-2018, 12:32 AM)Klaus Wrote:

It depends on which version.
Based on DXOMark analysis the sensor in the Pen-F and GX8 doesn't perform any better than the old 16MP generation. However, the one in the E-M1 Mk II is a different story: it's significantly better in terms of DR and low light performance. It actually outperforms the sensor in the Canon 80D in SNR, color sensitivity and DR (at all ISOs except base). Keep in mind the 80D features Canon's best APS-C sensor. Other MFT models based on 20MP sensors don't achieve this. This means that all 20MP MFT sensors are not created equal.
--Florent

Flickr gallery