Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL report: Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra-Macro
(06-17-2018, 01:32 PM)Klaus Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 12:48 PM)Rover Wrote: Yeah, go ahead and take the plunge! For example, EPhotozine.com has been doing some reviews of the Chinese stuff for a while, and found some to be actually worthwhile - as far as manual focus stuff goes, of course; I hate MF with a passion so I probably wouldn't use any of these unless I got them for free. Bear in mind that the Chinese have apparently cracked the secret of AF - so inquiring minds want to know... Big Grin

So you are talking about YONGNUO here?

EPZ has been testing the Meike and some other odd brands too, but those are MF; even Lensbaby (although those are old hat by now). I'm not that versed in this part of the scene to say if Yongnuo has been the only maker to have released AF lenses. Smile

Someone in their team also loves old Pentax stuff way too much. Big Grin
(06-17-2018, 04:48 PM)you2 Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 01:32 PM)Klaus Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 01:01 PM)you2 Wrote: resolution ?

How should I know? :-)

It is your review Smile

Klaus and consorts do not have the ability to test resolution with such lenses. The charts they use are too big for macro stuff.

It any case, this lens is sharper than the Canon MP-E 65mm f2.8 Macro, which in itself has gained a legendary status already. That says something about this Loawa...