Meike 6.5mm f/2.8 Circular Fisheye
Meike 50mm f/2
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.4 (EOS)
Pixco 8mm f/3.8 Fisheye MFT
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese "cheapos"
I'd like to test a few of the new breed of Chinese lenses.
So which lens category would you consider to be interesting for reviewing? 
Do you have a specific lens in mind? Feel free to suggest something.

FWIW, I just tried to snap a KAXINDA 14mm f/3.5. Looked neat but the sample had, you guessed it, a centering issue. Funnily the manufacturer doesn't seem to have a website - I was only able to find a facebook page.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I would say that, given the scope, I would've skipped the MF junk and gone after the AF Yongnuos, especially the later generation ones which aren't (as) blatantly lifted from Canon/Nikon lenses.

P.S. Never heard of that 14mm lens, even though I'm a big sucker for that focal length. Though since it's an APS-C lens it's of a much less interest to me.
Aren‘t you interested in how the worst 1% perfom? Or maybe they will surprise us ;-)

Actually that image that I‘ve seen from the 14mm f/3.5 wasn‘t so bad (other than for the centering defect).

Well, short of testing Lensbabies or old Soviet optics, I think we've already seen some of the "worst 1%", right here in the Zone. Smile Canon 28/1.8, etc. Smile
Mitakon 50mm f/0,95 sony FE
Or
7 Artisans 50mm f/1.1
thank you
Well, looking at the poll results the urge for such reviews seems to be rather limited ...

To be honest none of these are that interesting. Maybe the slr magic 8/f4 since it is somewhat unique but it sounds like it is meant for drones and not general use. Early reviews seem to indicate it isn't that great though the center is fairly sharp. Hum checking a few others I don't think it is worth the effort to vote. None them excite even as a curiosity (I've never liked circular fish-eyes myself).

Btw is the yn50f1.4 II actually available ? Couldn't find any existing commentary and iti s preorder at b&h
I just noticed that Zenitar released a couple of updated lenses just a few years back - interesting.

About the YN50/1.4 - I only noticed the mk I - and it's readily available in the bay. Maybe I will try to contact them to get my hands on their new 14mm AF lens.

I agree.....more 50mm MF lenses and a 28mm and a 35mm and a bunch of fisheyes.......just looking on utube there's probably more than enough video reviews to cover the few who are interested in those!

Yongnuo are still plying their lenses against old Canons to not too great an effect.

Samyang still remain the "elite" in the cheap Asian field with sharp modern glass good coatings and a smattering of AF offerings, and who hasn't tried their excellent basic 8mm stereoscopic fisheye plus their later versions?

I saw a few reviews of the 7 Artisan range.......decent but they have their shortcomings.

We are awash with MF glass both on the new and on the S/H market..........so finding something that sparks our interest is a tough call.

Ephotozine have been reviewing older Pentax MF glass recently and their resolution results have been a complete surprise to all, get yourself a Chinese 1 euro 42mm adapter and buy some old 42mm Takumars and your done.

There's too many new Chinese lenses falling on an already saturated market!
I think the Yongnuo 50mm f/1.4 and 14mm f/2.8 are their native designs.