Meike 6.5mm f/2.8 Circular Fisheye
Meike 50mm f/2
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.4 (EOS)
Pixco 8mm f/3.8 Fisheye MFT
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese "cheapos"
(06-24-2018, 09:35 PM)Klaus Wrote: I think the Yongnuo 50mm f/1.4 and 14mm f/2.8 are their native designs.
I already thought, Fuji Rumors has synchronized with OL: https://www.fujirumors.com/chinese-fujif...28mm-f1-4/

Big Grin

In a lot of countries you can get one or more genuine lenses sent to you and lateron, if you don't like it, give it back to the dealer. With the ChCh (=Chinese Cheapos) you just need to be ready to burn the money, that's all. I still have the Laowa 15/4 macro and should send it in to China because it feel to the ground and I repaired it as good as possible to me - but still, it's not joy to use, so if one wants to try it and has a Nikon mount, tell me, pay the transport in advance and I get some free space.

These brands are not too interested in AF and EXIF, so I'm not too interested in these brands.
Reviving a dead thread, but I personnaly am curious about the 7artisans 55mm f1.4 and, especially, the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 II for Fuji/E-mount/Canon EO-M. The first seems to be a fair to good portrait lens for APS-C mirroless cameras, while the second is actually getting good reviews, but it's not a cheap lens.

I'm actually thinking about buying it in the next few months, once I can get a good deal.
I have the Meike 6.5mm fisheye. Certainly not junk. Compact and solid built. Pretty sharp right to the edges. Even though it's sold in various mounts, you do need a a FF camera to capture the whole image circle.
How about this one:

Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro
(08-12-2018, 03:37 PM)photonius Wrote: How about this one:

Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro

That one can't be tested for MTF and such with the used equipment (and anyway it will be into the heavy diffraction territory).
(08-12-2018, 05:30 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:

Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro

That one can't be tested for MTF and such with the used equipment (and anyway it will be into the heavy diffraction territory).

And it's really more aligned to video rather than still life. Even 4k video is just 8.5mp so f/14 is a lesser issue.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(08-12-2018, 05:30 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:

Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro

Why can't it? Last I heard, it is perfectly capable of shooting in non-macro range, and besides, the same issue (very real this time) hasn't stopped Klaus from reviewing another Laowa macro a few weeks ago. Big Grin
The lens has been tested by DPreview as a video by the new review team from The Camera Store.

It's the weirdest thing, it looks for all the world to be aimed at the medical market.........and brings tears to the eyes just thinking about it!

This is not really a testable lens in the laboratory sense.......and Chris Nicolls shows it's abilities foibles and all.
It's cool to not disturb insects with it, but going in and out of the water needs a lot of cleaning. I found the optical performance nothing to write home about. The handling of it must be awkward. But as Klaus has such a good connection to Laowa, I'm sure he will get one for free, so they could put another "Tested by OL" badge on the box.
Well, I posted the Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro with a twinkle in the eye, fully aware of possible test limitations. Still I thought there are some that like to do macro wide-angle, I recall seeing stitched 24mm macro shots here. I looked at endoscopes, but never found anything that I would want to try. This lens is not a bad entry, too bad a bit expensive, as a fun gadget like the Samyang 8mm fish-eye it would be nice. I guess all the glass elements in that tube drive up the price. I wonder if it is so difficult to have infinity-corrected optics like in microscopes, where light travels long distances essentially parallel inside the tubes. Then a lot of the glass in the tube could have been omitted.