Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ???
(07-10-2018, 09:35 AM)Klaus Wrote: Joju, I'm commenting on this because this thread is showing religious tendencies. :-) Motto: Things are going to be great because it's Nikon.

I will, of course, buy one of these cameras and test it - and I will enjoy them for what they are - without adapter that is. ;-)  
     Klaus, looking at the thread I'm not reading this "all things are going to be great because it's Nikon.......... quite the contrary!..........doubts about it's likely initial success with only three lenses ......certainly.

I think most expressed doubts about the position against the already firmly established Sonys..........hence the importance of a converter.......and Nikon should have an advantage not having to reverse engineer!

If the system does one tenth of what the D850 is doing that will be a good result!
Just for the lovers of Nikon you should known that Nikon name is the combination of Nippon (japan) with Ikon (from Zeiss Ikon ) so it is not related to deity
while Canon is linked to Kwannon or Guanin which is an asian deity, so I don't understand why a camera with the name Nikon on it would outperform others, at the time where I can totally understand Canon users Big Grin
(07-10-2018, 10:52 AM)toni-a Wrote: Just for the lovers of Nikon you should known that Nikon name is the combination of Nippon (japan) with Ikon (from Zeiss Ikon ) so it is not  related to deity
while Canon is linked to Kwannon or Guanin which is an asian  deity, so I don't understand why a camera with the name Nikon on it would outperform others, at the time where I  can totally understand Canon users Big Grin

You know where the gods are? They reside on Mount Olympus ... ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I hear Olympus is rather good. In residing on mountains, that is...

I don't see it as religious to wait with judgement until Nikon releases their models. They aim at 4 k$ for the high res body - it would be a big surprise if they'd dare to not deliver some value. So, yes, I expect a high level of quality and usability - but that doesn't mean my whishes will come true without any doubt.
As mentioned I'm quite sure that the Nikon stuff will be amazing. The only thing that I found very weird in this discussion was the adapter topic.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Big Grin 
(07-10-2018, 07:40 PM)Klaus Wrote: As mentioned I'm quite sure that the Nikon stuff will be amazing. The only thing that I found very weird in this discussion was the adapter topic.
Adapters are the Cokin filter holders of our time. Or the "Bereitschaftstasche"?

https://forum.opticallimits.com/images/s...nfused.png