Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon D3500 announced
https://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3500/

And the world is wondering again why affordable DSLRs are possible and mirrorless cameras are comparatively expensive.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Must be a tax on their high environmental impact (much larger energy consumption due to permanent live view) Wink
Which "permanent LiveView"? Wink

At least, the Z-series has a switch ro activate EVF sensor and switch it and LCD off if it's not needed (but the camera stays powered)

"And the world is wondering again " who sees in OL forum such a strong advertisment platform for Nike shoes. Big Grin, the world is wondering why such a tiny, sleepy forum is such a Spam magnet...

Now, of course the D3500 is a FX camera with a metal body, pentaprism instead of mirrorbox and a high res screen including IBIS, including tilt display and made in Japan...
You might mean "pentaprism instead of penta-mirror"? Big Grin
(08-31-2018, 08:12 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Which "permanent LiveView"? Wink

At least, the Z-series has a switch ro activate EVF sensor and switch it and LCD off if it's not needed (but the camera stays powered)\
My camera has permanent Live view at VF and it works with green energy. The VF startup time is 0nsec and has very high update rate :-)

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Zenit-E

(08-31-2018, 08:12 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Now, of course the D3500 is a FX camera with a metal body, pentaprism instead of mirrorbox and a high res screen including IBIS, including tilt display
 The resolution of my camera viewfinder is as high as your eyes "Retina display"
IBIS has unlimited number of stops - it deliver 100% sharp images at FL=300+ and shutter speed of minutes.
tripod

(08-31-2018, 08:12 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: made in Japan...

I prefer to have the real one - Really Made in china instead of Fake version - made in japan.

Everybody know that made in one country is impossible - Staring the whole chain from RAW material to final product. And even them there is no guarantye for good quality nowadays -
Good example is my canon 50d - it got gray color insteads of original black - Cannon admit that they used the new skin friendly material that may turn colors during the time - with greetings from japan.
Is your D850 made in japan?
Is the Lithium an Cobalt of your battery made in Japan?
What about the batery cells - are they made in japan
Same question can go for almost any component - e.g Screen most likely Samsung japan :_)
Chip lithography from ASML Japan
I still can't find that tripod "IBIS" joke funny, even after the 5th time you told it Tongue
Miro, if I want to go green, I take a camera without a sensor and go analogue.

The Z-series is supposed to be made in Japan (until they finished the production line in Thailand) and I think Nikon just closed a factory in China but what do I know? And what do you know? And how does your post support Klaus' "And the world is wondering again why affordable DSLRs are possible and mirrorless cameras are comparatively expensive."?

However, this was not on my list (checking the "made in..." label) when I went to a launch event to see and try the Z7. I like it very much, you can keep your stuff, Canon shooters finally also got news from "their mirrorless" which is pretty cool, so they don't need to buy Nikon's now.
(08-31-2018, 04:21 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Miro, if I want to go green, I take a camera without a sensor and go analogue.
Not sure if film and chemicals are green, just a parenthesis
(09-02-2018, 05:17 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:21 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Miro, if I want to go green, I take a camera without a sensor and go analogue.
Not sure if film and chemicals are green, just a parenthesis

Film is either transparent or orange in case of C-41 color film and most chemicals turn yellow/brown.
Most green leafs turn yellow/brown too,when they die off.