Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird hide and seek!
Hi guys,

I've been preparing for spring and thinking about how I can get near birds without having to carry a whole bunch of gear.

Then I spotted this camping shower/toilet cubicle that packs down to a 60cm circular flat pack about 2cms thick and weighs 1.7 Kgs. It's made of a tent type of material (maybe nylon) with flat steel frames which self errects once taken out of the bag, it comes in camouflage colour. The dimensions are 1.5mts square and 1.9 mts high, so a folding chair will fit nicely inside.

The deal was it was on promotion for £11.95 + £11 postage, round about €30, coupled with my folding lightweight chair I'm good to go.

Here's "yours truly" dressed in camo in position with the D500/G2 ready to do battle, it's a nice sunny day today and I can't wait for weather to settle so I can go out and find myself some of the more timid birds that I've not been able to approach, as soon as winter comes to an end! 

Very nice,Dave, and quite the steal!

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
That's what I call useful photography gear

the brown and green camo-stripes in your face were already showered away? Good the G2 is weather sealed... 

I can picture a couple of situations with pedestrians getting a heart-attack when a face like that shows out of a harmless shower tent. Be careful to call them before you open up.

Or are you thinking about vultures?