Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your expectations for EOS R upcoming lenses
As far as I am seeing things, EOS R is the future of canon professional line, so expect some high performance products.
28-70f2.0 is not an exception and we will see some new ultra-fast zooms dunno if f2.0 will replace f2.8 or if they will lanch any f1,8 or even faster zooms, with a shorter zoom range.
Maybe 14-28f2.0 and 70-150f2.0 ??
no cheap zoom lenses to be expected 24-105f4 will be the cheapest at least for the first years.
Some primes will most likely to come like 85mm 1.2 or even f1.0 , 135mm f1,4
finally a compact high performance superzoom maybe EFR 28-300f4-5.6 DO IS ???
Well, the number of new consumer grade lenses for their full format DSLRs has been very limited in the last 5 years as well.
So I reckon that trend will simply continue.

Let's face it - the low-end market is lost to smartphones. Whatever is left there has been occupied by MFT and, to some degree Fuji.
Nikon has abandoned this segment already when they gave up Nikon 1, Canon will follow soon with EF-M.
CaNikon will sell their APS-C DSLR stuff for a few more years till that (DSLR) market is gone too.

Full format combined with low-end lenses doesn't make much sense.

Things are going to get bad soon now that smartphones come with X lenses and DoF-simulation is getting better every year.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I can't agree with you Klaus but I understand it's only me. I'm not using a DSLR over a smartphone for the ability to create "bokeh" and whatever - I do so because the image quality difference is huge and besides, photographing with a smartphone is one of the most awkward things I've ever done (and no, it tops unclasping a woman's bustier with one hand Big Grin). Again, it's likely a personal thing because my smartphone's camera gives truly awful images, worse than the Panasonic P&S of 15 years ago, despite it nominally having 12 megapixels - that 2 MP P&S was way, way better! Besides, have there been any smartphones that have at least 3x zoom found on the most run-of-the-mill kit lenses? Let alone even the most basic telephoto option. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one aware of that, and there is going to be a market for dedicated cameras even on the low end. Those who are content with always shooting at around 28mm equivalent with the quality plummeting once the light levels become dimmer weren't probably buying dedicated cameras anyway.

Oh well, speaking of the R mount lenses... I expect Canon to do an ultrawide and medium telephoto zoom ASAP. Something like the combo 16-35/4 and 70-200/4 found now in both EF, F and E mounts. Then we'd be able to say the lens lineup amounts to something because now it only has two practical lenses (and zero that would interest me, but that's again just my opinion).
Nikon had just announced it's 110 millionth lens............as from november this year.

.............they had produced 65 million up to the same period in 2011.

Where's the downturn in lens sales there?
Dave's clichés