Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon to launch new camera with 75 megapixel and four RF lenses
Almost everyone knows that actual EOS R is not Canon flagship mirrorless full frame model.
Coming mid 2019 a flagship model with an insane 75 MP, while  most lenses are already struggling on 50 MP 5Dsr, and talking of lenses four more lenses to come.
Let me guess  RF 85mm f1.2, RF 12-20 f2.0 or 12-35f2.8 , RF 80-135f2.0 L RF 28-300f3.5-5.6L IS
More interesting announcement (to me) is  that they are also launching an affordable  entry level model...
"let me guess", when you type that you mean "let me repeat what I read somewhere"?
(11-28-2018, 01:13 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: "let me guess", when you type that you mean "let me repeat what I read somewhere"?

for the lenses I am guessing, the rest I read at canon rumors, high megapixel body plus four RF lenses
(11-28-2018, 05:53 PM)Wtoni-a Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 01:13 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: "let me guess", when you type that you mean "let me repeat what I read somewhere"?

for the lenses I am guessing, the rest I read at canon rumors, high megapixel body plus four RF lenses

With the exception of the 28-300, the lenses you mention are all on Canon Rumors. And the 28 - 300 you mention is one lens they will not make. The old one never sold well, and does not fit in the range mentioned anyway. Besides, they would have to make it a much faster lens to beuseful as a pro-lens, and that would make it even more complex and heavier as well.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Well... I know a few people who are using the EF 28-300 lens. Some press but mostly press service people that don't need the best IQ and shoot most things (talking heads and suits, that is) with flash. It's no coincidence that every system has something like this. A very good photo journalist I know is even using the (much worse) Nikon 28-300 lens a lot, keeping that and the old 35/2 as his go everywhere kit (... with a D5).
(11-28-2018, 11:40 PM)wim Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 05:53 PM)Wtoni-a Wrote:

With the exception of the 28-300, the lenses you mention are all on Canon Rumors. And the 28 - 300 you mention is one lens they will not make. The old one never sold well, and does not fit in the range mentioned anyway. Besides, they would have to make it a much faster lens to beuseful as a pro-lens, and that would make it even more complex and heavier as well.

Kind regards, Wim
80-135f2.0 where ??

I also read some rumors about APS-C EOS R, now that doesn't seem likely, especially they already have EOS M lineup, however if it confirms I am interested Smile