Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New cam arrived
Few days ago a package from UK got delivered. In there a clean Pentax MX. I still own several film cameras, but never managed to get hands on MX which was a dream camera for me at the time, too expensive to justify the purchase.
Loaded a roll of 400 Fujifilm in it and fired first frames with it. Experience so familiar to me from the old days, yet so far away from features, performance and handling available today with modern cameras. Yet fun. 
Cool
Congratulations! Enviable feat. 
Personally, I’m leaning more towards an OM-1 kit as a first round.
Thanks. OM series? Lovely cams of the time, too.
Aaaargh, don't tell me that. I just spotted that a Contax RX does merely cost 120USD.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
An RTS III always was out of reach to me. If I very accidentally stumble over a good one... Big Grin
120$? That is a bargain. I couldn’t resist at 120£. 
Rolleyes
(11-30-2018, 08:42 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: An RTS III always was out of reach to me. If I very accidentally stumble over a good one... Big Grin

RTS III seem to go for around 300EUR - same as an AX. But these are bricks really.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(11-30-2018, 08:14 AM)Klaus Wrote: Aaaargh, don't tell me that. I just spotted that a Contax RX does merely cost 120USD.

Be weary of the RX. Near the end of the film days on the contax thread there was an issue with the RX view finder. Some part was organic in nature and had a limited life (at least I think that was the RX) and is basically non-fixable today. 
-
I had one for a while - nice camera - but I prefer the Aria which was more similar to my old OM-1.
-
Anyway I really liked the system - and didn't keep the RX long  - maybe a year. While it is small compared to AX/RTS; it is still much larger than I was used to and i kept using the Aria....