Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L
It's a bit too early to tell. The RF 50mm is similar to the EF 85mm IS I'd say. I think Canon is moving towards more light-weight materials - which is generally a good thing IMHO.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
You won't buy the RF 24-105mm for its bokeh ... ;-)

However, I do have to say that the EOS R continues to grow on me. It took me a while to configure it again (rental camera, the previous fellow did align everything to video) but once it was set up to how I wanted it to be ... nice ... really nice.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
It explains why the latest reviews of people using it for a longer period of time is more positive than those of the earlier reviewers, who only had it for one or two days. Especially its AF is amazingly quick, apparently even beating the 1Dx II.

Also, in Japan, it currently is the best selling MILC, topping even any dslrs currently.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(12-12-2018, 12:09 PM)Klaus Wrote: It's a bit too early to tell. The RF 50mm is similar to the EF 85mm IS I'd say. I think Canon is moving towards more light-weight materials - which is generally a good thing IMHO.

For some lenses mainly tele ones, with the new design they are moving heavy elements backwards, this way even if total weight is unchanged the lens feels lighter and it's easier to handle it