Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV
I found a Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV. Alas, it is not a Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED which can handle 120/220 medium format film, so I can't use it to scan 6x9 negatives. But those generally go for several 1000's of dollars in good working order and this Scan Dual IV uses USB 2 instead of the old firewire 400, so easy to connect. 

I can't complain about the price (€5), and its 3200 DPI resolution (vs 4000 DPI for the Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED) is not too bad either. For "driver"/software, VueScan is the way to go. It came complete with 3rd party case, power supply, USB chord, 35mm slides holder, 35mm film holder and software CDs from the Mac OS X 10.3 and Windows XP/2000 era.

Pretty cool find, I think. Now lets hope for a Coolscan 9000 ED find! (And lets hope this Dimage Scan Dual IV works ;-) ).
So you want to shoot slides just to digitize them? ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Yeah something like that ;-)
Or rather: there are many negatives and slides made by my father, and this is a pretty ok and easy way to digitize them when wanted/needed. I'd like a Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED (for a reasonable price) just for the possibility to scan 6x9 negatives, that way I could actually use my grandma's 6x9 folder camera usefully. But that is a separate issue ;-)
(01-05-2019, 10:32 PM)Klaus Wrote: So you want to shoot slides just to digitize them? ;-)

It's not about the destination but also about the journey 
 Digital is like driving a modern car, film is like riding a bike or riding a horse, we all use car but don't you like a bike ride from time to time ?
I have now Ilford Delta 100 awaiting processing, a Fuji superia in the camera with 8 shots left, and I just got Kodak portra 160 and Ilford Delta 3200 awaiting their turn.
No film is no better, a bike is not better than a car, but sometimes more enjoyable
Myself I got Canon scanner it's USB 1.0 and just does 35mm film and kodak advantix yet, it gives me 4000x6000 pixel negative raw files, at this resolution it's horribly slow (5 minutes percslide at this resolution if you want FAIR technology dust cleaner also)