Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony A6400 announced
Just announced
https://www.sony.com/electronics/interch.../ilce-6400
real time eye autofocus is a great addition
Dunno why Sony removed IBIS....
Let's go to sleep again. Nothing to see here ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Can't agree more. And I bet menus are still a mess.
(01-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Klaus Wrote: Let's go to sleep again. Nothing to see here ...

Why is that Klaus......it's compact, it produces excellent images that are far better than M4/3rds....it has fast auto-focus with eye detect that works........ a flip up screen for blogging and a bunch of features way above it's "paltry asking price"...which to me makes it a bargain......the eye detect is worth that alone. (a pity about the lack of IBIS however)

It's nice to see that Sony hasn't abandoned the APS-C format.

What the hell's wrong with it and what is your alternative preferred system?
Had it IBIS I would have got it frankly
David, I don't think is bad camera. It is just more of the same... Do you think A6300 owners will run to upgrade? And may be A6500 owners want to downgrade?
If Sony came up with some dedicated crop lenses it would've been different story.
Sony crop lenses lineup gaps are quite easy to fill: E 16-50f2.8 OSS would be excellent, now do we really need E 10-20 f2.8 ?? I don't think so
Make 35-150f2.8 OSS or bring the sigma 50-100 to E mount that would be great.
As for primes 16f2.8 plus wide converter are really great only if they were sharper, make better versions maybe a decent 16mmf2.0 plus wide converter even if it's a little heavier
For primes 24mm and longer I find no reason why not to use FE.
(01-19-2019, 12:19 AM)borisbg Wrote: David, I don't think is bad camera. It is just more of the same... Do you think A6300 owners will run to upgrade? And may be A6500 owners want to downgrade?
If Sony came up with some dedicated crop lenses it would've been different story.

Is it more of the same???..........cameras in general are more of the same......but better....... and the A6400 is no exception!

Further videos are showing the A6400 to be indeed a good upgrade with almost A9 focusing capabilities...fast AFC, eye detect/object tracking, that really work effectively and keep up easily.....
   this is something that the new Canon EOS and the Nikon Z7 can't achieve at $2300 / $3.300! ........so let's put those things in perspective here in terms of price.......it's on Amazon for $899!

Coupled with all that "no video time limit" (sensor has better cooling/ legal classification?)  ..tilt forward touch screen......."time lapse"....11 FPS.......but no IBIS.

So no, I won't change my view point.......this camera is one of the best buys out there.....giving fast AFC that most MLCs just can't match!

Will existing A6000/6300/6500 upgrade?  ......my guess is many will..........

......most of them just won't be able to resist that bargain price!........
(01-20-2019, 09:28 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 12:19 AM)borisbg Wrote: David, I don't think is bad camera. It is just more of the same... Do you think A6300 owners will run to upgrade? And may be A6500 owners want to downgrade?

Is it more of the same???..........cameras in general are more of the same......but better....... and the A6400 is no exception!

Further videos are showing the A6400 to be indeed a good upgrade with almost A9 focusing capabilities...fast AFC, eye detect/object tracking, that really work effectively and keep up easily.....
   this is something that the new Canon EOS and the Nikon Z7 can't achieve at $2300 / $3.300! ........so let's put those things in perspective here in terms of price.......it's on Amazon for $899!

Coupled with all that "no video time limit" (sensor has better cooling)  ..tilt forward touch screen......."time lapse"....11 FPS.......but no IBIS.

So no, I won't change my view point.......this camera is one of the best buys out there.....giving fast AFC that most MLCs just can't match!

Will existing A6000/6300/6500 upgrade?  ......my guess is many will..........

......most of them just won't be able to resist that bargain price!........
Well said Dave, I was considering it, only lack of IBIS is keeping me from upgrading, will do most likely when they will release one, unless Canon release a body that would make me change my mind
Utube review :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBK1jHwdfRg