Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Canon EOS RP specs leaked
https://petapixel.com/2019/02/06/canon-e...and-specs/
 downgrade version of EOS R with very likely 6D2 sensor, now that's odd
(02-06-2019, 08:46 PM)toni-a Wrote: https://petapixel.com/2019/02/06/canon-e...and-specs/
 downgrade version of EOS R with very likely 6D2 sensor, now that's odd
Why is that odd?
It is what Canon has been saying for a couple of months already. First a lower end camera, while the high end Pro version is being developed. The lower end version is needed in order to gain more sales and more market penetration.

I don’t expect the latter until the end of the year, or even early next year. The Pro version could well have more than 70 MP and IBIS, but if you’d ask me, there might actually be 2 models: 1 very high pixel count one, and one slightly lower pixel count one, basically a 5Ds type replacement and a 1DX replacement. The wait is likely due, amongst others, to Canon having to manufacture a new high resolution sensor which can cope better with video as well, from a heating POV.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
It's just about 6Dmkii sensor, Canon can easily make it better, they decided not to
This is Canon, for Pete's sake, the same company that has been recycling a certain 18MP sensor for almost 10 years because they can. Smile
It's smaller - nice. ;-)
The viewfinder is worse though.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-07-2019, 07:35 AM)toni-a Wrote: It's just about 6Dmkii sensor, Canon can easily make it better, they decided not to
That is not a bad sensor, as it stands.

Do also note that Canon does not have the production quantities that Sony has, which means their sensor designs have to last longer.

I do expect them to come out with something better soon enough, however, as things tend to go in cycles. It has been 10 years or more they had the best sensors, so I do expect them to come out with something new, but it’ll be high end sensors first. That’s how they have been doing their sensor development in the past as well.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(02-07-2019, 08:52 AM)Klaus Wrote: It's smaller - nice. ;-)
The viewfinder is worse though.

In which way is it worse?
And where did you see the specs of the EVF?
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I assume that this camera requires lens to work with it.
What will be the kit lens for one 1300$ , 485g camera?
My answer – EF-S 18-55 IS STM via adapter ? Why – well balanced weight ,great for Canon 4K video and within the budget
Uhmmmm... miro, seriously. Are you suggesting a APS-C kitlens for a full frame camera? Too weird.

Anyhow, the two kitlenses offered in different markets will be the 24-105mm f4 L IS USM and 35mm f1.8 IS STM macro.
(02-13-2019, 12:23 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Uhmmmm... miro, seriously. Are you suggesting a APS-C kitlens for a full frame camera? Too weird.

Anyhow, the two kitlenses offered in different markets will be the 24-105mm f4 L IS USM and 35mm f1.8 IS STM macro.

actually for the cropped 4K video APS-C lenses are pretty nice their range and prices are very convenient