Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Canon 63 MP sensor coming
(04-25-2019, 02:23 PM)Klaus Wrote: 72mp

And unlike on the 5Ds, most lenses have a decent corner performance in MFT land.
Canon doesn't even manage to provide decent video capabilities at 30mp ;-)

For many years I took the M4/3rds sensor to be a four sided corner!! Smile
(04-26-2019, 02:39 PM)you2 Wrote: Interesting. I thought one of the soon to be released GFX cameras was going to have 100MP. Then again those lenses (while a tiny bit larger than FF) seem to have much better corner sharpness so maybe it will work with that camera ? Then again maybe my memory is faulty ?

People get pretty good results with the 5DS ( R ) too. OL MTF results skew the perception a little (partly due to sharpening). 
Do you have any comparisons between those GFX lenses and lenses on higher res. "FF", which show a much better corner sharpness across the board?
(04-26-2019, 07:02 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 02:39 PM)you2 Wrote: Interesting. I thought one of the soon to be released GFX cameras was going to have 100MP. Then again those lenses (while a tiny bit larger than FF) seem to have much better corner sharpness so maybe it will work with that camera ? Then again maybe my memory is faulty ?

People get pretty good results with the 5DS ( R ) too. OL MTF results skew the perception a little (partly due to sharpening). 
Do you have any comparisons between those GFX lenses and lenses on higher res. "FF", which show a much better corner sharpness across the board?

Tough questions as not very many sites have reviews. Here is one that shows the 45f2.8 is pretty decent:
https://www.imaging-resource.com/lenses/...wr/review/
-
But it isn't a great review. General reports have been that the lenses are fairly sharp edge to edge. Then again we would have to compare them to the better ff lenses and that is pretty hard given the number of soft consumer lenses in the mix. Most of canon very best lenses are actually the pro zooms or super tele which are not very comparative. Sony lenses have been pretty soft and sigma best lenses have been short tele. I think the general vibes on the 45mm (35? 30? ff) is very positive across many sites.
(04-27-2019, 03:22 PM)you2 Wrote: ...
Sony lenses have been pretty soft and sigma best lenses have been short tele. I think the general vibes on the 45mm (35? 30? ff) is very positive across many sites.

I think you should update your knowledge in terms of Sigma. Big Grin

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2019/03...rt-lenses/

Check out the 40 and the 28, both are up to Otus and better, especially in the corners. I already thought about selling the 35 and 50 and get the 40. Of course, it's a brick - but which of the f/1.4 Arts isn't?
(04-27-2019, 07:11 PM)Ok Ok but in my defense ... those are pretty new and a 40 isn\t much but the 28 is more interesting. Having said that point taken. Wrote: JJ_SO
(04-27-2019, 03:22 PM)you2 Wrote: ...
Sony lenses have been pretty soft and sigma best lenses have been short tele. I think the general vibes on the 45mm (35? 30? ff) is very positive across many sites.

I think you should update your knowledge in terms of Sigma. Big Grin

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2019/03...rt-lenses/

Check out the 40 and the 28, both are up to Otus and better, especially in the corners. I already thought about selling the 35 and 50 and get the 40. Of course, it's a brick - but which of the f/1.4 Arts isn't?
Never mind, you2. I just should think before I post something about replacing two lenses with one. 50 and 35: 1480 grams. 40: 1200 grams

One should not underestimate Sigma's value for physical fitness, but my shoulder, pulled down by nearly the same weight, has some other ideas... Gosh, this Sigma lenses soon will develop their own gravity field.
All your lenses have their own gravity.
https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/what-is-gravity/en/
I reckon solution would go in direction of antigravity field. Geordi, where are you hidding? ;-)