Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL Lens Test Report - Tokina FíRIN 20mm f/2 FE AF (Sony FE)
Finally ... a new review ... of the Tokina FíRIN 20mm f/2 FE AF (Sony FE)

The next review won't take that long anymore.

https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff/1061-tokina20f2
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Yeehaw! Finally something (though not up my alley). Looks like a cool lens.
Looking at the images, I notice something that I have noticed in the past with my Tokina 12-24mm d4 DX: it is as if the lens has a "built in pol. filter". I mean that the sky looks darker blue than usual when not using a pol.filter.
(07-01-2019, 11:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Looking at the images, I notice something that I have noticed in the past with my Tokina 12-24mm d4 DX: it is as if the lens has a "built in pol. filter". I mean that the sky looks darker blue than usual when not using a pol.filter.

I can recognize the similar effect too - appeared on my 12-24 and 11-16 MK1, but not at Tokina 100 Macro.
(07-01-2019, 12:32 PM)miro Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 11:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Looking at the images, I notice something that I have noticed in the past with my Tokina 12-24mm d4 DX: it is as if the lens has a "built in pol. filter". I mean that the sky looks darker blue than usual when not using a pol.filter.

I can recognize the similar effect too - appeared on my 12-24 and 11-16 MK1, but not at Tokina 100 Macro.

This is not a PL-like effect - it's just called the Sydney sky here ... ;-)

(07-02-2019, 03:59 AM)Klaus Wrote: This is not a PL-like effect - it's just called the Sydney sky here ... ;-)

So the hole in the ozone layer makes skies looking polarized? Shy
Australia never had an ozone hole actually ;-) Way too far north.
That doesn't mean that you can't get grilled here, of course. But then I heard that this just happened in Europe as well. ;-)

Other Sydney shoots don't look this polarized...