Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
next OL lens test report: Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM
(07-28-2019, 09:01 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 08:11 AM)davidmanze Wrote: ..... everybody will now want to see the comparison reviews with the Samyang at a third of the price .........

Put my name off the guest-list for that party. I don't care about Samyang.  Tongue Sorry, no longer "everybody".

But f-stoppers compared them already and if you don't care that Lee occasionally gives wrong information without correcting it lateron you will find conformed what you already think, if my guess is right.

I found the detail of the polished aspherical lens very interesting. Usually, it's pressed glass without mechanical treatment such as grinding or polishing because the profiles are too complicated to grind them in a normal lens grinding device. As I understand that bit, Sony just evens out the surface - they don't grind if from a cut piece of glass? I'd really love to visit the factory.

I think you will find aspheric elements are "concentrically ground" ...... that is why we have been seeing more onion rings in specular high-lights recently ..... it's that that leaves the concentric ridges that have to be polished out ......
  Sony knew that everyone would be looking out for those onion ring high-lights and tightened up their surface tolerances (to an amazing level)....
   Tamron have done the same but to a lesser extent, the G1 15-30mm F2.8 was a onion ringer ...... the G2 version has addressed that!

Messages In This Thread
RE: next OL lens test report: Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM - by davidmanze - 07-28-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: next OL lens test report: Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM - by davidmanze - 07-28-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: next OL lens test report: Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM - by davidmanze - 07-28-2019, 08:51 AM