Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a standard compact lens on EOSRP
IMO, the RF 24-105L is the way to go, for now. AFAIAC, it is not really all that heavy, and optically it is very good indeed, way better than the EF variants. If you want something compact, I'd suggest the EF 40 F/2.8 with adapter. Slightly smaller, and lighter, than the RF 25 F/1.8 Macro, but works extremely well.

I have been looking at lenses for my R, but so far it looks like we have to be a little patient for now. The only alternative really is adapted lenses, especially in the range you are looking for. You could consider the EF 40 F/2.8 and/or EF 28 F/2.8 IS, or maybe even the 24 F/2.8 IS.

As to zoom lenses, you could go for the EF 28-135 STM, again, adapted. It is reasonably good.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a standard compact lens on EOSRP - by wim - 08-13-2019, 08:25 PM