Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off topic: Dreadul luck and photography
It seems I have had some bad luck with my photography last year....

remember when I volunteered to shoot an engagement/wedding ?

http://forum.photozone.de/index.php?/top...-a-couple/

things didn't go well, they are not a couple anymore, ok it saved me the costs of printing since I was offering the prints for the couple, but you imagine how I feel...

remember the elderly house project ?

http://forum.photozone.de/index.php?/top...christmas/

The person who was going to help me and did all the social work, well he died of a urinary tract infection in my department despite all the efforts to save him by myself and the  medical team.

to make things worst, two weddings I have shot are preparing for divorce....
Divorcing usually has a lot of reasons, but choosing the "wrong" wedding photographer is more on the rare side, I believe  Big Grin

Also - that's not against you - we sometimes say, people come worse out of the hospital than they went in. I know a lot persons, whose treatments basically went well, but then catched one of these superviruses which can be found in hospitals, nearly resistent against all antibiotics. We all pay a price for having a pill / serum against everything. And here in Europe we also pay a price for cutting costs, because some of these "hospital infections" happened not because of bad doctors or nurses: The cleaning stuff gets paid so badly that people with no language skills do these jobs and don't understand how they are told to clean.

I suggest you also look a bit at those projects of you which did went well and nobody died or divorced.

As JoJu said, toni-a.

You can look at it another way too - at least you got to shoot a few assignments. It was just unfortunate that despite your best efforts the people and projects you were photographing their luck or efforts were not as good as yours.

Kindest regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....