Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worthupgrading from 24-105f4L to the newer version ?
No, as BC says, do get the RF version, and you'll be happy.

I did own the old versions, and it was really not all that great (putting it mildly), especially in the upper half of its FL-range. And when conditions were not favourable, e.g., indoors with relatively little light, the images got rather mushy.

The new one, the RF version, is actually quite amazing, I actually like it and I never expected to say that about a WA to tele zoom. So far, it also behaves very well in dark conditions too. I am impressed.

And yes, it is more expensive. Justy sell the old one, and save up a little longer would be my suggestion. It's worth it.
BTW, if you bought the RP without a lens, there is a cashback on a lens for it. At least in Europe there is.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it worthupgrading from 24-105f4L to the newer version ? - by wim - 09-01-2019, 08:54 PM