Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test - Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.2 PRO
It is sharp, it actually is corrected for distortion (Sigma, thanks!) and renders nicely. Who cares about LoCA indeed.
Lens tested at 16MP, maybe if MFT adopt Sony 47MP sensor, would this lens still shine ?
As far as the pixel density is concerned the 16mp MFT sensor is equiv to 67mp FF.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(10-06-2019, 08:31 PM)toni-a Wrote: Lens tested at 16MP, maybe if MFT adopt Sony 47MP sensor, would this lens still shine ?

No.
(10-06-2019, 08:31 PM)toni-a Wrote: Lens tested at 16MP, maybe if MFT adopt Sony 47MP sensor, would this lens still shine ?

Well these things are relative. Since it is just about the best lens with regards to resolution for the 4/3 to date it would probably be in the top 3 (unless there is something odd about the 47MP sensor that makes it particularly bad for this lens) so in that sense it would shine but I suspect it might not max out the sensor - and if it doesn't one would have to ask would any lens take advantage of such a sensor full resolution ?

(10-06-2019, 08:44 AM)Klaus Wrote: I just added the LoCA samples (but I don't always provide this - and I rarely did so for MFT lenses).

Zero LoCAs aren't REQUIRED for 5/5. There's no such thing as absolute perfection. Mostly the rating is driven by the MTFs and this combined with the quality of the bokeh is certainly sufficient for a 5-star rating.

Thanks for adding the additional test. Well not as bad as some lenses but still rather annoying. I suppose most folks just correct it in software and forget it exist but I still like the idea of a 5/5 being a perfect lens which would require apo behavior Wink