Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL Lens Test Report - Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM
(10-08-2019, 10:55 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Marcus probably has that lens waiting in the wings ;-).

How fast does it focus, is it as "slow" as the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM?

Hard to say for sure (more so since I had never handled the STM) but it seems reasonable for my intended (journalistic) use... when it hits. I've already had some missed shots but it seems to be a common bane of all my primes regardless of brand (by far the least accurately focusing lens in my arsenal is the Canon 24/1.4 L II, and the Sigma 14/2.8 isn't stellar in this regard either. The 16-35/4 IS, on the other hand, is almost as reliable as death).

Sharpness seemed remarkable when I put the Tamron lens to the first test shooting employee portraits for the company's website (this job wasn't specifically tailored to the lens, just happened to be long overdue and when I walked in with the lens box yesterday I couldn't resist lining the willing volunteers up against the nearest white wall...)
Congratulations for the new lens !!
And while Rover is too busy with his new lens I spotted a typo in the competition paragraph :
"It's alsoa bit smaller/more light-weight and a bit more affordable." there's a space lacking it should be "it's also a bit smaller"