Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using paper from big rolls in A4 inkjet, dealing with curved paper
I found best quality paper for my printer available locally, however it's only available in rolls...60cm large 30 meters long

I bought some, cutting is no problem however the papers are curved or bent, I have to put them behind glass or in albums to become flat.

Is there Any way I can flatten them back? Tried putting them under glass plus weights didn't work any way of correcting this curvature?
Is it a problem for printing or displaying purposes?

Printing depends mostly on your printer, I'm having absolutely no issues with curved paper on neither printer I'm using, most probably because they are designed to handle roll paper. If you are having issues here, then we'll have to find a way to flatten then beforehand or you'll have to buy a new printer Smile.

If you're having curvature issues while displaying, we should concentrate on that. Most good frames should be enough to counter the issue so I'm imagining you're having issues with printing in the first place.

Try this idea for size!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Zj9dtzeU0

Quote:Is it a problem for printing or displaying purposes?

Printing depends mostly on your printer, I'm having absolutely no issues with curved paper on neither printer I'm using, most probably because they are designed to handle roll paper. If you are having issues here, then we'll have to find a way to flatten then beforehand or you'll have to buy a new printer Smile.

If you're having curvature issues while displaying, we should concentrate on that. Most good frames should be enough to counter the issue so I'm imagining you're having issues with printing in the first place.
@ Obican: No issues with printing however I have a curved print

@ Dave many thanks that's exactly what I was looking for

however as Obican suggested a good frame is the solution and I am going to do just that