Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon
(01-09-2020, 08:39 PM)Klaus Wrote: Well, it's not a question of what we are going to see but when. With the demise of the EF lineup, Canon will be busy mirroring all EF lenses with RF designs.

The strangest thing for me is how long they take to provide a pro-grade R camera. While the Nikon Z7 may just be "prosumer", it's still a more compelling offering than the EOS R - let alone everything Sony, of course.

Well, I guess their newest generation sensor technology was simply not ready until late last year, and at that point it simply made more sense to put it in a couple of mass-market APS-C bodies than a professional full frame camera. Especially considering they already released 2 cameras for the RF-mount in ~1 year (and which they were selling at liquidation prices during the holidays).

I'm not surprised it is taking that long: it took years for Sony to release their A9 professional camera, and they had a lot more experience in mirrorless cameras than both Canon and Nikon have at this point.

Messages In This Thread
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by toni-a - 01-09-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by Spinifex - 01-10-2020, 01:49 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-20-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-17-2020, 02:32 PM