Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon
(01-16-2020, 05:08 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: More megapixels are just evolution, no innovation. Innovation would be to enlarge pixelsize and reduce resolution if higher ISOs are needed on the same sensor to get a better noise-reduction. Not that I would know how to do that, otherwise I would just sell this innovation Big Grin.

An no one in this thread declared more MP to be an innovation, so why you're making this weird side-remark? Klaus keeps on saying that he's not happy with more MP.

A very simple innovation would also be to switch to a smaller sensor size (from FF to APS-C i.e.) an being able at the same time to move the crop-area. That way we could set the camera horizontally and vertically levelled and avoid the cropping afterwards (for architecture stuff). That way those MP would make more sense to me, I don't like the perspective correction or the non destructive cropping afterwards as it wastes diskspace and slows down import and export. With 75 MP that should still deliver a lot of resolution

I thought my comment I made when I "liked" this comment would be added to the thread.  Just for the sake of making my comment available to the forum group as a whole I told JJ_SO that his simple idea, I paraphrase, that he had of cropping to the electronic zoom magnification.  While JJ calls it simple would be a real time saver!

We probably all have very useful and interesting ideas, but instead camera makers are more interested in marketing crap.  Yes, the market decides, but only on the products that make it to market. 

Back to the original topic: I love the Canon RS with 75MP or so idea because I could seriously use that.  I already have enough budget lenses to last me a lifetime.  The question is, can Canon sell a better lens at a tempting price?  That is the only kind I will buy!

(01-17-2020, 09:47 AM)Arthur Macmillan Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 07:20 PM)davidmanze Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 05:57 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: I am not saying more megapixels is innovation. I wonder what Klaus deems "innovation". He did not complain about the A7R III when it came out, about it not being innovation. Now he does with this Canon rumour.

Innovation is the driving force to make us feel inadequate for thinking all is well with us now  !!   [Image: smile.png]

To take it a step further, our confusing cause with effect is the driving force for innovation!
LOL-  You win Dave!  I will take two steps back, and try to realize that all is well now!  I'll put it this way:  I do the best I can with the equipment I have, and the problem of my own screwed up set of priorities!

Messages In This Thread
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by toni-a - 01-09-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by Arthur Macmillan - 01-20-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-20-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-17-2020, 02:32 PM